How Often Should You Clean Your Leather Jackets?
Be ready to take on the day or night with your leather jacket!
A leather jacket is such a versatile piece of outerwear. It can be worn during rain or shine, breezy day or layer it up! Depending on the rest of your outfit, you can look tough and edgy or classic and simple. Leather is a material that looks amazing on both men and women of any age. If you own a genuine leather jacket, then you also know it can easily be one of the most expensive (and special) articles of clothing you own.
Many people state they own 1 or 2 leather jackets for over 15 Years. That’s the good thing about leather jackets, as long as they are high quality and well maintained, they can last for years and even decades with the right care.
However, one concern that many have is not knowing how often or how to even clean their leather jacket. When it comes to proper leather cleaning, it’s best to trust a true professional and take this to be cared for by a Professional Leather Cleaners in South Florida.
There really is no magic number on how often your leather needs to be cleaned, but its best to take it to the Best Professional Leather Cleaners in South Florida whenever it becomes a bit soiled to prevent damage that can be permanent. While online, there are many leather cleaning solutions available, it’s not always best to risk your special leather jacket for a quick trick. There are so many types of leather treatments out on the market, and attempting to clean your expensive leather without the help of a Professional Leather Cleaner in South Florida could result in very expensive and permanent damage.
Here are some tips for caring for your leather jackets (or any leather garment) at home:
- When your leather gets wet, be sure to let it dry out thoroughly before hanging in you your closet
- Never try to dry your leather near a source of heat, especially near an open flame like a fireplace or the floor furnace
- If your leather gets dirty from dust, mud, food or wine, wipe it off with a damp cloth ASAP and allow it to dry
- If you spill a harsh substance on your leather, like gasoline, oil or other chemicals, wipe it off and take it to a professional leather cleaner ASAP. Be sure to tell the leather cleaner exactly what happened to it.
- Get your leather cleaned and conditioned AT LEAST every year…more often if worn frequently and exposed to harsh conditions. If you wear a leather jacket more than once a week, it should be cleaned every 6 months to avoid damage.
- My suggestion is to always clean your leather at the end of the season before putting it away until the fall. It will be in great shape when the cold weather rolls in again.
In order to ensure your leather jacket stays pristine for many years, take it to the Professionals. Here at La Mar 1 Hour Dry Cleaners in Miramar, Florida. We know how to keep your leather jacket in top shape. If you’re in South Florida, we offer FREE pickup and delivery! Contact Us now to get a quote!
Don't just go to your nearest dry cleaners, go to the experts who do it right! We have organic wash and fold services and eco-friendly dry cleaning. Cleaning your leather is an annual must-do, don’t leave it for the last minute and risk your leather pieces being permanently damaged!
Trust Your Leather Cleaning To The Pros At La Mar 1 Hour Dry Cleaners in Miramar, Florida. Find us at 6430 Pembroke Rd. Miramar, FL 33023. Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaners in South Florida. Free Wash and Fold and Dry Cleaning Pick up and Delivery.